Spring Football Time is Here!
Registrations for spring tackle and 7 on 7 Flag teams will be this week on Thursday 1/19 at Ed Raddice between 6 – 8pm.
Please bring birth certificates for the children.
2 Options for Spring Football this year.
11 on 11 Tackle Football and 7 on 7 Flag
7 on 7 Flag :
Battle of the Bay (BOTB) 7 on 7 Youth Passing League is designed to complement tackle football at the youth league level. BOTB 7 on 7 allows youth to further develop the necessary skills in today’s passing game. 7 on 7 has helped increase players of all levels of football throwing, route running and coverage abilities, as well as, helped players identity pass coverages and passing concepts. Players will have the opportunity to compete in this fast paced, fun filled and highly competitive passing league.
There will be two teams, one for 5/6 graders, and one for 7/8th graders.
BOTB is a 6 week passing league that starts February 18th, 2017 thru April 2nd. Teams will play two (2) games on the designated game day. The final week will be a two (2) day tournament that will determine the leagues champions. Practice will be 1 to 2 days a week.
The Westchase Colts are please to announce that we will be moving to Pop Warner starting in 2017! Pop Warner’s balance of academics and athletics is the perfect match for the high standards we demand from our cheerleaders and football players. We will be releasing more information in the upcoming months in regards to our new home with Pop Warner and our upcoming 2017 fall season.
A few tidbits about the change:
- We will still be practicing at Ed Radice. As of right now, practice days and time will be the same as in the past.
- We will now have a home field to play on. We are still in discussions on where that will be. Most likely a high school in the area. This is an exciting new advantage of playing with Pop Warner!
- There will now be different weights and ages for teams. We felt the break down of teams for weights and ages were a better for youth sports and allows us to make more teams to allow everyone a chance to play more. Not only are the weights and ages better, but we are no longer limited to just one team per each division. This allows us to have as many kids as we want come join and all will get more playing time.
- Here is a break down of the weights and ages:
Ages and Weights for Tackle Football Programs:
||Tackle Football Divisions of Play:
||End of Season Weight
|JR. PEE WEE
||105 lbs. minimum
In Season weekly weight 1 lb. Weeks 2, 4, 6, 8 (Max. of 4 lbs.), additional 1 lb. at Super Bowl.
*The asterisked provisions in each division allow the so-called “older but lighter” player to also qualify. The last year of eligibility falls under more stringent weight restrictions, per above.
A child’s age on July 31 is his/her age for the season.
Download the 2016 Pop Warner Age-Weight Matrix
End of the Season Picnic is Here
Please join us for our end of the year picnic to help celebrate our amazing season!
When: Sunday, January 15th
Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Where: Upper Tampa Bay Regional Park- 8001 Double Branch Rd. Tampa 33635/Palm and Pine Pavillions
* Hot dogs, chips, and drinks will be served. We ask families to help contribute from the assigned list ( see email )
* Trophies and pictures will be handed out to all of our teams!
* 2017 registration will continue as well as any spring football sign ups.
* Any outstanding equipment and/or uniforms will need to be turned in.
We hope to see all of our Colts families at the picnic celebration!
Registration is now open for the 2016 FALL season!
Please click the link below to register your player or cheerleader!
Click Here to Register
Congratulations to both our Pee Wee and Midget football teams for winning their first round games Saturday and earning spots in the second round of the 2015 TBYFL playoffs!
The undefeated Pee Wee team will play against the South Tampa 49ers at 9:00 a.m. and our Midget squad will battle the Jaguars at 1 p.m. Both games will take place on Skyway Park’s turf field on Saturday, November 14th.
The Westchase Colts again prove that hard work pays off as every squad has earned a spot in the 2015 TBYFL Playoffs.
Our undefeated Pee Wee team will play first when they battle the 8th seed Packers at 8:30 a.m.
The second game of the day for the Colts will match our Supers against the number 2 seed Ravens at 1:00 p.m.
Next up, our Midget Colts taken on the number 6 seed Giants at 4:30 p.m.
Finally, our big Varsity squad will play under the lights against the top seeded Giants at 6:00 p.m.
Every Colts game will take place on the turf field at Skyway Park on Saturday, October 31.
Congratulations to all of our boys, coaches, parents, and cheerleaders for putting in the work needed to earn the recognition the Westchase Colts deserve and for an outstanding 2015 season!