The Westchase Colts hope you are excited for our 2017 season! In 2017 we decided to join the most recognized you football and cheer program in the nation! We are looking forward to our first year in Pop Warner, the football and cheer season, the cheer competition, football play offs and all the other great opportunities we will have with in Pop Warner. Practice for football and cheer begins 8/1 and we still have cheer spots open, as well as spots for football players on Mighty Mite, Jr Peewee and JV. To inquire about one of these spots please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2017 Westchase Colts Golf Tournament is in the works! Details will be posted soon!
The Westchase Colts would like to thank Bay Breeze Car Wash on their Platinum Sponsorship for the upcoming 2017 Colts Pop Warner season!!
Bay Breeze Car Wash has been Tampa’s Bay’s premier car wash and lube for over 12 years. We define our success by achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction possible, maintaining the best facilities as possible, and achieving the highest quality and value. Bay Breeze is proud to have 7 locations around the Tampa Bay Area. Each site has the latest technology and service to give you the greatest vehicle care. http://www.baybreezecarwash.com/
Spring Football Time is Here!
Registrations for spring tackle and 7 on 7 Flag teams will be this week on Thursday 1/19 at Ed Raddice between 6 – 8pm.
Please bring birth certificates for the children.
2 Options for Spring Football this year.
11 on 11 Tackle Football and 7 on 7 Flag
7 on 7 Flag :
Battle of the Bay (BOTB) 7 on 7 Youth Passing League is designed to complement tackle football at the youth league level. BOTB 7 on 7 allows youth to further develop the necessary skills in today’s passing game. 7 on 7 has helped increase players of all levels of football throwing, route running and coverage abilities, as well as, helped players identity pass coverages and passing concepts. Players will have the opportunity to compete in this fast paced, fun filled and highly competitive passing league.
There will be two teams, one for 5/6 graders, and one for 7/8th graders.
BOTB is a 6 week passing league that starts February 18th, 2017 thru April 2nd. Teams will play two (2) games on the designated game day. The final week will be a two (2) day tournament that will determine the leagues champions. Practice will be 1 to 2 days a week.
The Westchase Colts are pleased to announce that we will be moving to Pop Warner starting in 2017!
Pop Warner’s balance of academics and athletics is the perfect match for the high standards we demand from our cheerleaders and football players. We will be releasing more information in the upcoming months in regards to our new home with Pop Warner and our upcoming 2017 fall season.
A few tidbits about the change:
- We will still be practicing at Ed Radice. As of right now, practice days and time will be the same as in the past.
- We will now have a home field to play on. We are still in discussions on where that will be. Most likely a high school in the area. This is an exciting new advantage of playing with Pop Warner!
- There will now be different weights and ages for teams. We felt the break down of teams for weights and ages were a better for youth sports and allows us to make more teams to allow everyone a chance to play more. Not only are the weights and ages better, but we are no longer limited to just one team per each division. This allows us to have as many kids as we want come join and all will get more playing time.
- Here is a break down of the weights and ages:
Ages and Weights for Tackle Football Programs:
||Tackle Football Divisions of Play:
||End of Season Weight
|JR. PEE WEE
||105 lbs. minimum
In Season weekly weight 1 lb. Weeks 2, 4, 6, 8 (Max. of 4 lbs.), additional 1 lb. at Super Bowl.
*The asterisked provisions in each division allow the so-called “older but lighter” player to also qualify. The last year of eligibility falls under more stringent weight restrictions, per above.
A child’s age on July 31 is his/her age for the season.
Download the 2016 Pop Warner Age-Weight Matrix
End of the Season Picnic is Here
Please join us for our end of the year picnic to help celebrate our amazing season!
When: Sunday, January 15th
Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Where: Upper Tampa Bay Regional Park- 8001 Double Branch Rd. Tampa 33635/Palm and Pine Pavillions
* Hot dogs, chips, and drinks will be served. We ask families to help contribute from the assigned list ( see email )
* Trophies and pictures will be handed out to all of our teams!
* 2017 registration will continue as well as any spring football sign ups.
* Any outstanding equipment and/or uniforms will need to be turned in.
We hope to see all of our Colts families at the picnic celebration!